HIBC, WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT
Medical materials and/or their packages are carry informative materials relating to their identification ( commercial reference) and their production ( expiration date, lotnumber, serial number,....) The HIBC standard is able to transform these data into readable codes, symbolised by barcodes (stripes), datamatrix or RFID.
PART STATIC AND DYNAMIC
The statis part of the HIBC-code, or primary code, is referring to the producer of the product; it's also possible this will be referring to the provider. This is the so-called
LIC ( Labeler Identification Code), which is given once for a lifetime and is unique worldwide.
Once given means: wether you still use it or not, the LIC will always refer to the applicant.
The dynamic part, secondary code, is composed conform the rules, written down in the standard HIBC.
The exemple above , encoding a datamatrix , including the alphanumeric translation which is readable for people en can be used manual:
- In the beginning, at first, the symbol « + » for indicating the standard HIBC;
- 4 positions for the LIC; in this case "J123"
- Identifier of the producer; can be until 18 positions alphanumeric (variabel)! Here it is: AQ3451
- /$$ introducing the dynamic part;
- After this one can find the expirydate, lotnumbers and serial numbers.